We’re happy to announce that we’ve released a new major ZoogVPN app update v5.1 for Windows. To download new version go to VPN for Windows page.
ZoogVPN v5.1 is compatible with Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 10 64 and 32 bit systems. For Windows XP please use the legacy v4.0 which can be downloaded from downloads page.
- Introducing the brand new faster and highly secure IKev2 VPN protocol for the first time on our Windows app
- The user has now a choice of 3 VPN protocols – IKEv2, OpenVPN UDP and OpenVPN TCP in the Settings screen
- The auto protocol selection logic (Settings) has been updated to connect with IKEv2 first, followed by OpenVPN UDP and OpenVPN TCP
- Passwords now can contain any combination of special characters without hindering authentication during VPN connection
- General stability, improvements and bug fixes
In case of any unexpected connection issues with the new version, please ensure that you try OpenVPN –>UDP and OpenVPN–>TCP VPN in case IKEv2 is not available on your network in the Settings screen.
Please also note that if you have any Manual API resolution IPs in place you will need to re-enter them in the Preferences screen to carry on using the app.
We hope the new release with addition of IKev2 VPN protocol will be welcomed by our users and we’re happy to hear of any feedback or suggestions.