Gotta love the Apple ecosystem and all the bells and whistles it packs. However, nothing infuriates more than an ‘Item not available’ message popping on the screen of your iPhone, right?
Sometimes we find ourselves abroad or at home not being able to get the trendy app everybody’s talking about. How come we face this issue so often? Well, the thing is that certain developers and publishers set geographic restrictions on their apps, and there are multiple reasons for that. For example, most gambling apps are developed specifically for the target audience of the countries they operate in because the legality of these apps may differ from country to country, and Apple doesn’t want users to access these apps where it’s illegal. Unfortunately, there are still lots of great non-gambling apps locked for us, depending on where we live. Luckily for you, there is a solution, and we will share it with you in this article.
I Want to Change Apple ID Country. Is it allowed?
Once you create an Apple account, you’re asked to choose a country you reside in – this decision will dictate the app selection specific for this county alongside the currency of your payments and many more aspects. Considering the fast pace of the current times, a lot of people move from place to place and from country to country. Apple took this into account and kept the option for users to change the country they reside in. Here’s how to do it:
How do I Change the Country in App Store?
- Press the Settings icon
- Click on your name, then proceed to Media & Purchases.
- Then proceed to View Account where you can be asked to sign in.
- Choose the Country/Region menu and then press Change Country or Region.
- Choose your new country
- Read the Terms & Conditions (who are we fooling, you’re not going to read that) and then press Agree
- Tap your new country or region, then review the Terms & Conditions.
- In this menu you’ll need to enter your new payment information and your new address (you can use a random address generator if you don’t have the address in a respective country)
Can I Change App Store Region in a Browser?
Yes, there is an option to do it online by following these steps:
- Sign in to your account on appleid.apple.com.
- Click the Personal Information tab.
- Proceed to Country/Region.
- Follow the onscreen instructions. You will need to enter your new payment method and your new address (once again, you can use a random address generator if you don’t have the address in a respective country)
Important Information About Switch App Store Region
Prior to changing your country in the App Store, you need to cancel all of your active subscriptions and wait until the subscription period expires. You also need to spend any balance on your Apple ID in order to be able to change the country or region.
Are There any Alternatives to Change Apple Location?
Some articles may suggest trying to jailbreak your iOS device and download cracked apps from pirate repositories and websites. We suggest you stay away from jailbreaking software as it may void your warranty or, even worse, contain unpleasant surprises in the form of malware. The jailbreaking process may also damage the operating system of your iPhone and essentially turn it into a brick.
Downloading unauthorized apps from the internet is illegal and and we strongly suggest you avoid cracked app stores at all times.
Who we are:
We hope this article was helpful! When it comes to fast switches of your internet location, we are one of the best in the business. If you need a solution to help you step up the level of your protection and have zero compromises when it comes to the quality and availability of the service – ZoogVPN is your best bet. We offer premium features for the most affordable prices, and we will go you one better – a free VPN plan with a selection of different locations and 10 GB of monthly bandwidth.