It took Telegram less than nine years to become one of the leading social media platforms in the world, with impressive 550 million monthly active users, outnumbering the veteran Twitter by more than 200 million monthly active users. Telegram apps are feature-packed and privately focused and that’s exactly why it has become so popular in times when users become products.
However, even though it seems like all the security features that make it so difficult to access user data are great and can do no harm, sometimes they attract malicious people on board. Whilst the primary goal of Telegram is to serve as a tool to securely connect people, cybercriminals choose to use it for their illegal activities: selling drugs, stolen personal information, credit card information, illegal goods, scamming, spreading hate speech, and even coordinating terrorist attacks. If you find yourself wanting to get rid of your Telegram account, we will assist you in this article.
How do I delete my Telegram account?
Let’s get to the point. Follow these instructions and you’ll be done in no time:
- Open the app and press the menu button in top left corner of the screen.
- Proceed to Settings as shown on the screenshot below.
- Press Privacy and Security.
- Scroll down to Delete my account and click on If away for
- Choose 1 month so that your account gets deleted in the shortest period of time.
- Now you just have to stay inactive (deleting the app will do) for a month and your account will be terminated automatically.
If this method is too slow for you and you don’t want to wait for a whole month before your personal information is wiped out, follow the instructions down below.
Can I Delete my Telegram Account Permanently Right Away?
Yes, there is a quick way of getting rid of your Telegram account. For this method to work you’ll need a web browser on your computer, it won’t work on Android or iOS device. Here’s what you need to do:
- Once you are logged in to your Telegram account on your mobile device, head to Deactivation page via your computer browser – https://my.telegram.org/auth?to=deactivate
- Type the full phone number with a country code associated with your Telegram profile and press Next.
- Type the confirmation code you will receive in the Telegram app on your mobile device and press Sign In.
- You can now proceed to Delete my account and state the reason why you decide to terminate your account (optional).
- Confirm your choice by pressing Yes, delete my account on the pop-up.
That’s it, your Telegram account is permanently deleted.
How do I recover my Telegram account?
You can only recover your Telegram account in case you’ve chosen the first method and used the app in a span of 1 month before the automatic deletion. You can always create a new account though. Once your account is deleted, you’ll be no longer able to recover it or any information stored on it. We suggest you backup all the important information you have in your account before deleting it.
Who we are:
We hope this article was helpful! If you want to step up the level of your protection and want zero compromises when it comes to the quality and availability of the service – ZoogVPN is your best bet. We offer premium features for the most affordable prices, and we will go you one better – a free VPN plan with a selection of different locations and 10 GB of monthly bandwidth.