What can beat taking a trip to a beautiful country with rich culture, fantastic cuisine and picturesque sunsets by the beach? Well, nothing beats that, but geo-restrictions prohibiting you from watching your favorite shows or a compromised public Wi-Fi hotspot may surely create some unnecessary discomfort. Unfortunately, many things can go wrong that can ruin your well-planned trip. From losing one of your devices to someone stealing your credit card information, there are numerous security risks you could face when traveling. Many of us with some traveling experience know what it is to connect to some random Wi-Fi hotspots in hope to tell our loved ones we’re fine. Even if you manage to avoid these potential issues, there are several other reasons why you might need a VPN for travel. Stay tuned for our guide on why you need a VPN service for your journeys.
Does Everyone Need a VPN for Travel?
In short, yes, everyone should use a VPN for travel. The reason for this is simple. All of us carry around a lot of sensitive information on our devices, whether it’s our credit cards, phones, laptops, or any other gadget we use daily. Using a VPN is simple and straightforward but can bring you many security and privacy benefits and certain conveniences, and avoid some unnecessary privacy risks. If you’re asking yourself, do I need a VPN for international travel, then check out the most significant benefits of using a VPN are:
- Better Privacy and Security – When you’re traveling, especially to a foreign country, you’ll likely be connecting to public Wi-Fi connections in cafés, airports, restaurants, and many other places. Without a VPN, all of these locations can be potentially dangerous, as hackers could monitor them and inject all users with malware. Even when using a Wi-Fi network in your hotel room, it’s best to have an added layer of protection.
- Unrestricted Access – With a VPN, you can go around all local network restrictions and censorship in the country you’re visiting. Many countries worldwide censor their Internet, so a VPN can prove very useful in staying above all these issues. Plus, you can use it for other purposes as well. Perhaps you want to keep track of a show you’ve been watching at home before you went on your holiday. All you need to do is connect to a server based in your home country, and you can make sure you don’t miss out on anything.
- Save Money – When traveling, it’s crucial to make the best out of every penny in your budget. When you use a VPN for travel, you can easily hop between servers and connect to different countries. This will allow you to get the best deals on hotel reservations, airplane tickets, and many other products and services, which can vary in cost from country to country.
Can You Use a Free VPN when Traveling Abroad?
As we’ve discussed above, the main reasons why you should use a VPN when traveling stem from the security and privacy perspective. Unfortunately, these are aspects free VPN services fail to deliver on, mainly due to logistical reasons. Free VPNs often use fewer servers, meaning their networks tend to be overloaded and agonizingly slow compared to premium services.
Moreover, many free VPN services are downright scams and aim to exploit their users and harvest valuable data to sell to the highest bidder. There have been examples of free VPNs injecting malware and mining data, even using user information to build botnet armies. These are just the most significant reasons why you shouldn’t use a free VPN for travel.
With all of this in mind, if you need a reliable VPN for travel but aren’t prepared to pay for a premium subscription price, you can take advantage of our free subscription plan. It comes with slightly limited features and a 10GB monthly bandwidth limit. This way, you can enjoy the benefits of a high-quality VPN service without having to pay a single cent. And the most important part is that even our Free VPN comes packed with a plethora of security features, as we value each of our users and are dedicated to making your trips as safe as possible.
Additional Tips to Ensure Privacy and Security When Traveling
Using a VPN for travel is by far the most effective way of securing your information from anyone who’s looking to steal it. That said, there are several other things to keep in mind that will help enhance your security when traveling, especially if you’re going abroad. Here are a few additional tips to consider:
- Update All Apps – We often highlight the importance of keeping all of your apps up to date. Attackers often aim for software vulnerabilities and out-of-date apps. For this reason, make sure to update all of your apps before setting out.
- Have Strong Passwords – Be sure that you use uncrackable passwords. If you lose a device with a weak password on it, the attackers can use it as a gateway to other valuable information tied to it.
- Use a Local Provider – If you’re traveling only through several countries, consider using a local SIM card of the country you’re visiting. This way, you can use the network data from the local provider and avoid connecting to too many public Wi-Fi networks.
The best VPN for travel to Europe
ZoogVPN is a great choice if you’re looking for a way to travel to Europe and visit the most picturesque places such as Spain, Italy, the UK, Croatia, Poland, Greece and many more. In order to stay connected with your loved ones and have access to your favorite shows and social media at all times, you’ll have to get VPN with a vast server base throughout the entire Europe. ZoogVPN has a wide variety of servers for all your needs, including streaming and avoiding censorship, meaning that you’re free to browse the Internet as if you’re currently located in your cozy home, no matter where you really are. Aside from that, many of your favorite streaming services are locked to a region where they have active licensing agreements, but by routing your traffic through a secure server located in the same country, you can access virtually any service that you need. Check out our massive European server base by this link and join us today!
Sign Up with ZoogVPN Today!
At ZoogVPN, we highly value your privacy and security. That’s why we’ve created a well-rounded tool suitable for all online activities regardless of your location worldwide. We offer intuitive apps for all major devices and platforms, so you rest assured that your sensitive private and financial information never gets out there when traveling. Don’t let anyone ruin your perfect holiday. Choose one of our four excellent subscription plans and get your VPN for your next journey!